Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What’s in a Name




In Roman mythology Janus was the god of beginnings, openings and doorways.  January was dedicated by the Romans to their God of Gates and Doors, Janus.  Janus has a distinctive artistic appearance in that he is commonly depicted with two faces...one regarding what is behind and the other looking toward what lies ahead. Thus, Janus is representative of contemplation on the happenings of an old year while looking forward to the new.

Sailing is new to me and with Janus I anticipate the opening of many doors I have yet to walk through. I know lots of adventures are forthcoming.  Places I have only dreamed about visiting, exploring the ocean around me,  making new friends will all be part of that future. The plan is in the works.  The what, where, and when will be detailed soon.  Stay tuned.

Happy Sailing  from Nikki and Ray



No comments:

Post a Comment